Department of Laws
Library and Personal Computer Laboratory
Department has its own library and computer lab to equip its students and faculty. Our Computer Laboratory (Digital Library) has 16 computers which is attached with library. The Computer Laboratory has latest Online databases such as Manupatra Online, West Law International, SCC Online Full text and CD-ROM databases such as Law Commission Reports , Criminal Law Journals, Income Tax Act, Income Tax Rules to facilitate the students with latest updates. Department has very rich library holding over 56,000 books in vast double storied area. Library maintains 55 periodicals, 22 monthly 9 quarterly 5 fortnightly 5 weakly 5 others (approximately) 50 journals, 6 law magazines and 9 newspapers to update the students regarding current legal development of the country and also at international level. Library has online as well as offline (CD-ROM) legal databases and other CD-ROM titles. This includes:
- Manupatra Online- Online full text judgments of Supreme Court and all the high courts of India.
- West Law International- Online world full-text journal, reports, cases of all over the world.
- Panjab University Database- Bibliographic database of main Library of Panjab University.
- UGC-Infonet Database- Contains Online Full-Text Legal International Journals.
Offline (CD-ROM) Database
- AIR-SC (CD-ROM) 1950-2005- full text on CD-ROM comprising (a) case notes (b) full text of judgments of Supreme Court of India.
- AIR-HC (CD-ROM) 1985-2005- full text on CD-ROM comprising (a) case notes (b) full text of judgments of all the high courts of India.
- Criminal Law Journal (CD-ROM) 1975-2005 - full text on CD-ROM comprising (a) case notes (b) full text of criminal judgments of Supreme Court and all the high courts of India.
- International Labour Standards. India's five year plans - First fiver year plan 1951-56 to tenth five year plan 2002-2007 containing around 10,000 pages.
- India five year plans- Mid-Term Appraisal.
- Reports of Law Commission of India (Vol.1-3) Contains Report No. 1 to 176.
- Supreme Court Yearly Digest 2005
- Income Tax Act- 2009
- Income Tax Rules- 2009
- Income Tax Act- 2008
- Income Tax Rules- 2008
- E-TDS & Tax Computation Web updated till 31-3-2007.
UN Treaty Division Depository Library: we are only in this region
Enquiry No(s): 1800-180-2065, +91 172 2534818, 2534866 (from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm & 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm on working days including Saturday)